Determining your financial goals is the first step in understanding what kind of an investor you will be. Your goals evolve with your life – debt management, saving for a new home, preparing for retirement – and all of those objectives depend on a sound investment plan. Once your prelimnary financial plan is in place, we establish the right investments to build and protect your wealth. Some important things to consider:
- What is your financial situation today? This includes savings, debt and other financial responsibilities.
- What are your financial goals? Do you want to be debt free, save for retirement, better manage your current assets?
- How long do you want to take to reach these goals? Is your plan shorter-term or for a lifetime?
- How do you feel about risk? When investing, there is always the chance that an investment will have a lower return than expected. Because some people are more comfortable with risk than others, EFG takes that into account when creating your investment portfolio.
We offer a variety of investment options including Mutual Funds, Tax Free Savings and GICs. Our goal is to ensure that you get the best return on your investments, so we review and adjust your plan annually to make sure that it is taking you where you want to go. Have any financial obligations changed? Are you comfortable with your risk level? As your money grows, we continue to evaluate and plan with you, providing comprehensive financial advice and solutions.
“Manulife Securities and the block design are registered service marks and trade marks of The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company and are used by it and its affiliates including Manulife Securities Investment Services Inc.”
The information contained herein is for Canadian residents only and does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation in any jurisdiction in which Manulife Securities or its Advisors are not appropriately licensed or registered or where any Product or Service is not eligible for sale. Details are available on request.
Manulife Securities Investment Services Inc. is a Member MFDA IPC. Manulife Securities Investment Services Inc. is registered as a Mutual Fund Dealer, or its equivalent, with the provincial securities commissions and as such our Advisors are entitled to sell mutual funds and other approved securities as permitted under our registration. They may also be able to provide other services or products to you through their own business. As a member of the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada (“MFDA”), Manulife Securities Investment Services Inc. is obligated to disclose to you that you may be dealing with companies other than Manulife Securities Investment Services Inc. when purchasing services or products from your Associate (remuneration to your Associate may also come from various sources depending on the services or products purchased). For example, your Associate may offer any one or more of the following through a separate business, which would not be the responsibility of Manulife Securities Investment Services Inc.:
- Deposit Instruments: GICs, Canada Savings Bonds;
- Fee for Service Financial Planning;
- Estate Planning;
- Tax Planning or Income Tax Preparation;
- Insurance: Life, Accident, Sickness, Disability, General.
Please be sure that you have a clear understanding of which company you are dealing with for each of your services and products. Your Associate would be happy to provide any clarification you require.