No one expects to have a medical emergency while travelling. But it can happen. Travel Insurance for Canadians travelling out-of-province protects against costs associated with unexpected medical emergencies that may occur during your trip – costs that might only be marginally covered by your provincial health insurance plan
The growing need for travel insurance
- The average out-of-pocket cost per hospital stay in the United States in 2011 was $15,734. Uninsured visitors to Canada can spend over $2,000 per day on a hospital stay. Travel insurance can protect against these costs
- When travelling abroad, some countries require proof of travel insurance, so it may be mandatory when visiting countries like Cuba, Ukraine, Czech Republic and Poland. Plus, if you wait to purchase insurance at your destination, it may not cover many essential benefits so it’s wise to purchase travel insurance before travelling to any country
- Many cruise ships also require travel insurance
The benefits available include:
- Emergency Medical Insurance – Covers up to $5,000,000 for expenses as a result of emergency medical attention required during your trip
- Trip Cancellation & Interruption Insurance – Available as a single plan or as a Single-Trip All Inclusive or Multi-Trip All-Inclusive Plan, if you are unable to travel or your trip is interrupted due to a covered event.
- Baggage Loss, Damage & Delay – Available with the Single-Trip or Multi-Trip All-Inclusive Plans. Covers you for loss or damage to your baggage or baggage delay.
- Flight Accident – Covers you for $100,000 for death or double dismemberment
- Travel Accident – Covers you for $50,000 for death or double dismemberment, or $25,000 for single dismemberment
Whether you’re travelling to the USA for a business trip or travelling overseas, we have several plans to choose from
Visitors to Canada
If you have family or friends planning to visit, make sure they’re protected while they’re here with a Single-Trip Plan. If you have parents or grandparents planning to visit on a Super Visa, it’s mandatory that they’re covered with a minimum of $100,000 in Canadian medical travel insurance
At Ecclestone Financial Group we can make sure you have coverage in place before departing on your next vacation. Give us a call at (519) 843-5110 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make it quick and easy, so you can get back to planning your trip!